Tuesday

Match Made in Heaven


I have been blessed to be married to my best friend for almost twenty years. Having two failed marriages, I didn’t believe that a real happy marriage was possible; in fact I had given up. I prayed one night and asked the Lord to “bring me someone who will just love me-not want something from me-not use me” It was about three or four weeks later I met my future husband.

It was like something out of a romantic novel. I was talking with some friends, when suddenly I felt the urge to look across the street. There in a mechanics bay, the sun filtered through a rear window engulfing him in light. I was amazed at that sight and had to go check it out.

While I got closer, the man who was working came to the front of the shop. Our eyes met and it was like I knew him all my life. I was too embarrassed to say anything and in a childish way giggled and left.

Through a turn of circumstances, that man I saw that day became an acquaintance, then a friend, then a trusted friend. He stood in the gap that most men would not, when it came to other people’s children. He was an excellent example of a father and friend, though he had no children of his own. We married eventually, but I believe we had always been married-a union sanctified by God long ago.


No comments: